VHSL Sports Requirements
- Student shall have a completed sports physical examination before acceptance as a squad member or is permitted to engage in tryouts or practice of junior varsity or varsity athletics.
- Student must have sports physicals during the period of May 1 of the current school year through June 30 of the succeeding year to participate in athletic activities.
- Students must have the “Concussion Information For Parents and Athletes” on file with the athletic director.
Hampton City Schools 2.0 GPA Policy:
Policy is in effect for all high school students.
- Students must earn a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) the semester prior to participation in an activity.
- Students who earn an “F” in any core classes or class required for graduation will not be allowed to participate in after-school activities or events. Core classes are defined as any class requiring a SOL end-of-course test.
- Tutoring sessions will be offered for students in their respective schools.
- Students not meeting the 2.0 GPA requirements will be able to apply for a one-time waiver during his/her high school career.
VHSL Scholarship Rules
- Student shall be currently enrolled in not fewer than five subjects.
- Student shall have passed five subjects the immediately preceding semester.
Copyright © 2018 Hampton City Schools. All Rights Reserved. One Franklin Street, Hampton, Virginia, 23669 757-727-2000 The Hampton City School Division is not responsible for the contents of any off-site webpages referenced from HCS servers. Hampton City Schools Non-Discrimination Notice - HCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or other protected classes in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Robbin G. Ruth, Executive Director, Human Resources, One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669 757-727-2000.
Contact the school webmaster: email@example.com