Vision of PHS School Counseling Department
The Phoebus High School Guidance Department seeks to assist students in achieving academic success in school and acquiring skills and resources for future lifelong success.
The Phoebus High School Guidance Department will assist students with academic planning and help students prepare for post-secondary education, training, and employment in order to become responsible citizens upon completion of high school.
The Role of the School Counselor
- School counselors are actively committed to helping students explore their abilities, strengths, interests, and talents as these traits relate to career awareness and development.
- School counselors help parents focus on ways to further the educational, personal, and social growth of students.
- School counselors work with teachers and other educators to help students explore their potential and set realistic goals for themselves.
- School counselors seek to identify and utilize community resources that can enhance and compliment comprehensive school counseling programs and help students become productive members of society.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs are considered an integral part of the educational process that enables all students to achieve success in school.
For more information on the role of the school counselor, please refer to "Why Secondary School Counselors?" by the American School Counselor Association.
NEED TO SEE YOUR Counselor????
Click the button to schedule an appointment.
Phoebus Counselors & Staff
Ms. Genevieve Elazier-Harris, College & Career Coach
757 727-8506 email@example.com
College and Career Coach; Assist PHS students in College Visits, Applications & information
Additional Counseling Staff
Mrs. Nicole Boston, Graduation Specialist
757 727-1028 firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduation Specialist; Assist PHS senior students prepare for all needed graduation requirements
Copyright © 2018 Hampton City Schools. All Rights Reserved. One Franklin Street, Hampton, Virginia, 23669 757-727-2000 The Hampton City School Division is not responsible for the contents of any off-site webpages referenced from HCS servers. Hampton City Schools Non-Discrimination Notice - HCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or other protected classes in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Robbin G. Ruth, Executive Director, Human Resources, One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669 757-727-2000.
Contact the school webmaster: email@example.com